I am not a man of many rules. I try to live by as few rules as possible and give people as much freedom and leeway as I can. Without further ado:
1. Feel free to post wherever, whenever, however, and whatever you want at your own discretion. Blog posts PAST and PRESENT are open for commenting.
2. I do not mind going off topic; if a blog post of mine brings up more questions and problems than answers, then I see that as a sign that I am following the logic of Paulo Freire’s Pedagogy of the Oppressed. In the blogosphere, I have learned that there is no way I can determine the direction of a conversation, and nor should I try to. I can only make suggestions and propose this and that, and allow the readers’ to determine their own concerns, and then I may respond accordingly.
3. No personal insults or attacks on the experiences of others will be tolerated. It is not helpful in conversation and debate; only criticisms of a person’s ideas and positions will be allowed.
4. Ephesians 5:4 (NRSV)- “Entirely out of place is obscene, silly, and vulgar talk; but instead, let there be thanksgiving.”
Image via Wikipedia
With the exception of “guest posts” written by others (see the bottom of this page), Amanda, Chad, and Rod own the content on this Web site. It is copyrighted under Political Jesus’ name. We want to strike the appropriate balance between getting our content widely distributed while at the same time protecting our intellectual property rights. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
Without Our Permission
You are free to do the following without my permission:
- Link to our site or any specific post on our site.
- Extract and re-post less than 200 words on any other site, provided you link back to the original post.
- Print off our posts and photocopy up to 100 copies for internal distribution within your own company or organization.
Not Without Our Permission
You must have our express written consent to do any of the following:
- Re-post one of our posts in its entirety anywhere else on the Internet.
- Use this content in for commercial purposes, including selling or licensing printed or digital versions of our content.
- Alter, transform, or build upon this work.
Guest bloggers retain the copyright to the posts they write. The above permission guidelines do not apply to their work. If you are interested in re-posting or publishing their content, you must contact them directly. We will not serve as mediators or go-betweens for you; you must do this for yourself.
Truth and Peace,